Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chapters 11-12 Reflection

Summary

Chapters 11-12 were about Cole's last day in the wilderness and how he was rushed to the hospital.  Before all of this excitement occurred, Cole was busy finding more things to eat.  He ate a mouse.  He also ate fish from his own vomit.  He was desperate to drink some water.  While it was raining, Cole scooped a hole in the mud and waited for the rain to fill up the hole.  He eventually drank the murky water.  Then Cole spotted the Spirit Bear about 20 feet away from him.  He was terrified.  He tried spitting at it, but missed.  The bear licked the saliva from the ground and then left.  Cole went to sleep and dreamt that he was a baby bird.  When he woke up, the Spirit Bear was standing right over him.  Cole  touched the bear; he trusted the bear and the bear trusted him.  It left and swam away.  He had almost given up hope when Edwin found him and contacted Garvey.  They got a boat and rushed Cole to the hospital.

A time when I was angry

One time when I was angry was when my sister, Sarah, and I were fighting.  Usually when we fight we try to outdo what the other said.  I don't like this and my parents don't either.  Even though I continue to fight with her I don't enjoy it.  Sarah and I aren't normally yelling at each other unless we're extremely upset.  We usually fight at night when we are tired and need some sleep.  We are irritable then.  Sarah and I don't stand up over top of each other, we don't even look at one another.  I don't like being angry.

Agree or Disagree

I disagree with people never change, it's not important what others think, and "anger is a memory never forgotten."  I agree with kids whose parents mistreat them will probably, in turn, mistreat their own kids and actions speak louder than words.
 I disagree with "anger is a memory never forgotten," because I had a hard time remembering a specific event when I was angry.  I think people tend to remember the positive events in their lives.  I know that's what I do.  It would be a bad thing if everyone only remembered the negative points.  Earth would be a disaster.  Citizens would remember bad things about a certain country; they would want a war.  Wars would end the earth.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mandy!! Pretty-ful Blog and I agree mostly with your agree or disagree post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey amanda,
    I love your blog.
    I like that you don't like to be angry, I don't either.
    I agree with what you disagree because i think it is not true that people never change and anger is a memory never forgotten.
    I disagree with you agreeing that kids whose parents mistreat them will probably, in turn because like Cole said, he didn't want to beat up his kid just because his dad had beaten him. I think that he got something good out of his dad's faults. I think he learned what life was if you had a drunk dad beating you up and you really never want your children to suffer through that.
    I love your blog by the way! (Did I already say that?)

    ReplyDelete